Thursday, February 4, 2010

Making Out as a Parent

My husband and I were in the middle of an awesome make up make out session. Here is my thought process (don't worry its only PG 13):

"Wow this is fun. I like making out with Mike. We don't do this enough. I don't think I've done this since before I was married. I'm really turned on. How awesomely intimate is this! Oh, I need to be sure to talk to Turner about the danger of casually making out with boys. No wonder it can easily lead to other things. This is hot. Making out is almost more intimate than the actual sex..."

From there my thoughts went on a wild tangent of the sex education of my 10 month old! For several minutes I was lost in my thoughts of how sex can be spoiled by heartbreak and disease if immaturely handled and how important it will be for me to help Turner understand the logic behind the morality. On and on my brain turned about conversations I'm going to have 12 years from now all while in this very steamy moment with my husband!
Finally, my body yelled to my brain, "Hey! What in the world are you doing! Why are you thinking about this! Seriously?!?!!! Now?! You are missing out on an amazingly romantic experience! Shut up and focus on what you are doing!"

Ugh! I am such a parent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment